What is Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central?
Dynamics 365 Business Central is a complete package of services of Dynamics NAV on the cloud. Its foundation is on trusted, proven technologies and it is a single and end-to-end application (ex. Microsoft Azure cloud).
Microsoft sold Dynamics NAV in more than 195 countries where 165000+ customers, 2.7 million users, and 3500+ partners are using its services and serving for its growth. In, April 2018, Microsoft took a step ahead to make Dynamics NAV a cloud base service and named it Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Why Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central?
- Automated tasks and workflows to boost efficiency and unify business, are integrated features of Office tools like; Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Microsoft`s leading intelligent technologies make you capable to achieve greater outcomes and gain a complete view of business with connected data, guidance, and business analytics.
- Business central is flexible enough to adapt your business needs and you can make the changes according to need and grow at your own pace.
Which Industries can benefit from Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business?
Dynamics 365 Business Central is a featured platform from Microsoft which can meet the needs of any industry. Here is the list;
- Wholesale and Distribution
- Transport and Logistics
These industries can be benefited from Dynamics 365 Business Central in following manners:
- From store to head office enhanced sales process and financial reporting.
- Warehouse optimization and inventory management activities.
- Reduced queue time and increased customer satisfaction rate.
- Provision of quality service via various communication channels.
- Management of complex transaction, special efforts and coupons, loyalty programs etc.
Wholesale and Distribution
- Integrated Database.
- Optimized dispatching process.
- Reliable access to accurate data – customer history, products, locations etc.
- Strict monitoring over quality of goods.
- Automated tracking of goods from supplier to retailer.
- Supervision of all the activities in warehouse and departments.
- Decreased levels of scrap goods and the associated costs.
- New channels for communication with customer through web and mobile
- Faster and more flexible response to unique customer requirements – specific package, marks, delivery conditions etc.
- Optimized production cycle.
- Generation of various queries and reports in real-time.
- Improved supply chain efficiency.
- Effective capacity management – labor force, spaces, equipment, materials etc.
- Consolidation of all data from the business units within a single database.
- Reduced new product time-to-market and accelerated time-to-profit.
- Significant reduction of manual work and possible data entry errors.
- Effective cash flow monitoring process.
- Rapid budgeting, forecasting and planning procedures.
- Full history of each customer.
- Multi-brand support.
- Vehicle tracking.
- Flexible car and price configurators.
- Enhanced communication with suppliers.
- Transparent service process and resource management.
- Optimized supply chain management.
- Endless integration capabilities – with OEMs, barcode readers and printers, mobile devices, e-commerce sites etc.
- Automated data consolidation.
- Analyses and reports on various KPIs.
Transport and Logistics
- Management of various type of documents, connected to the transport activities.
- Improved customer services
- Full information stored for every transport or shipment order – load, loading and unloading stations, pallets, linear meters, quantity, etc.
- Optimized transport cost and executed operations.
- Registration and execution of requests for good transportation.
- Route administration and way bill generation.
- Integration with internal and external applications.
- Optimal routes and schedules generation based on various factors.
- Fleet Management – vehicle types and detailed features for them, repair management and registration, compositions etc.
Roadmap of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Dynamics 365 Business Central and Dynamics NAV are using the same code base and that makes partners capable of transiting their customers and data from Dynamics NAV to Business Central. Business Central is designed as a cloud-first solution for the age of digital transformation powered by the cloud, but it is not the cloud-only solution. In the last fall of 2018, Microsoft has introduced Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central for on-premise deployment too. Going forward we can hope for some more updates in Business Central.
Below image is explaining how Dynamics NAV and Business Central are building their self together:
How SourceMash can help you?
We, Smashers at SourceMash are the dedicated team of Dynamics 365 experts. We are continuously working together from the last several years to fulfill the needs of the industry. We have the expertise for Dynamics 365 Sales, Dynamics 365 Customer Services, Dynamics 365 Marketing, Dynamics 365 Business Central and Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations. Apart from this, we have the expertise of Microsoft Azure, Power BI, and SQL Server services.
We would love to serve you and will delight to keep you as our long term connect.